Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The first day of winter

Yesterday was the 1st of June - the first day, officially, of our Southern hemisphere winter. 
I had a "personal day" away from school; it was a perfect clear blue-sky day, and I took my 
camera along on a bit of a road trip.


It was very low tide at the inlet where I stopped for a late lunch


boats waited in line for the tide to come in


 

I stopped near a small bridge. There was colour at the side of the road


and in the sunlight through the trees


but the trees by the river know what season it is


At my final stop the tide was starting to come in, and keen fishermen 
were putting their boats into the water



a shag watched the activity

until I came too close


by now the light was getting low; time for me to head home.


"Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many 
days in the year as you make use of."  ~ Charles Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment